Monday, June 15, 2009

Gmail Power Tools

I have used gmail from Google for years now. This class has opened my eyes to the versatility of not only Google but gmail also. While flipping through my co-workers MacWorld magazine (yes, I said flipping through - I was actually reading the paper version) I found this very interesting article about the powerful tools that gmail has to offer.

My reason for acquiring a gmail address initially was the portability of a not ISP linked email address. After reading this article, I had a greater appreciation for Google. Here are a few of its features:

  • GMail Labs – developmental features that include canned responses, forgotten attachment detector, Google calendar gadgets, quote selected text, etc. that are a work in progress that could disappear at any moment.
  • Centralized E-Mail Accounts – allows you to consolidate up to 5 your POP3 email accounts.
  • Voice and Video Chat – you can chat and create videos from Gmail , all you need ais a microphone, web cam along with any free voice and video plug-in.
  • Open Attachments – ability to open attachments even if you do not have the software installed by opening as a Google document.
  • Search Autocompete – Google is the world’s leading search engine.
  • Google Notifier – If you miss the new mail notification feature of other desktop clients you can download the free Google Notifier and install this feature.

Here is the link to the digital version of this article:: http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/165866/gmail_power_tools.html

No comments:

Post a Comment